By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Scoopico
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
Reading: Trump says U.S. and Iran will discuss subsequent week as ceasefire holds
Share
Font ResizerAa
ScoopicoScoopico
Search

Search

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel

Latest Stories

The Epstein saga engulfs Les Wexner — and the Ohio he helped build
The Epstein saga engulfs Les Wexner — and the Ohio he helped build
Trump’s Critical Minerals, Rare Earths Push Highlights U.S. Workforce, Education Gap
Trump’s Critical Minerals, Rare Earths Push Highlights U.S. Workforce, Education Gap
Paula On ‘Jersey Shore’ ‘Memba Her?!
Paula On ‘Jersey Shore’ ‘Memba Her?!
Trump Iran Strike Fears Trigger UK Fuel Price Surge Warnings
Trump Iran Strike Fears Trigger UK Fuel Price Surge Warnings
4 tons of cocaine seized from “narco sub” off Mexico as El Salvador makes record drug bust at sea
4 tons of cocaine seized from “narco sub” off Mexico as El Salvador makes record drug bust at sea
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved
Trump says U.S. and Iran will discuss subsequent week as ceasefire holds
Money

Trump says U.S. and Iran will discuss subsequent week as ceasefire holds

Scoopico
Last updated: June 26, 2025 9:04 am
Scoopico
Published: June 26, 2025
Share
SHARE



Contents
Questions over effectiveness of the US strikesHopes for a long-term peace settlementA uncommon video by Mossad

Israel and Iran appeared to honor the fragile ceasefire between them for a second day Wednesday and U.S. President Donald Trump asserted that American and Iranian officers will discuss subsequent week, giving rise to cautious hope for longer-term peace.

Trump, who helped negotiate the ceasefire that took maintain Tuesday on the twelfth day of the conflict, advised reporters at a NATO summit that he was not notably interested by restarting negotiations with Iran, insisting that U.S. strikes had destroyed its nuclear program. Earlier within the day, an Iranian official questioned whether or not the US may very well be trusted after its weekend assault.

“We might signal an settlement, I don’t know,” Trump stated. “The best way I have a look at it, they fought, the conflict is completed.”

Iran has not acknowledged any talks happening subsequent week, although U.S. Mideast envoy Steve Witkoff has stated there was direct and oblique communication between the nations. A sixth spherical of U.S.-Iran negotiations was scheduled for earlier this month in Oman however was canceled after Israel attacked Iran.

Earlier, Trump stated the ceasefire was going “very nicely,” and added that Iran was “not going to have a bomb, they usually’re not going to counterpoint.”

Iran has insisted that it’ll not hand over its nuclear program. In a vote underscoring the robust path forward, its parliament agreed to fast-track a proposal that may successfully cease the nation’s cooperation with the Worldwide Atomic Power Company, the U.N. watchdog that has monitored this system for years.

Forward of the vote, Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf criticized the IAEA for refusing “to even faux to sentence the assault on Iran’s nuclear services” that the U.S. carried out Sunday.

“For that reason, the Atomic Power Group of Iran will droop cooperation with the IAEA till safety of nuclear services is ensured, and Iran’s peaceable nuclear program will transfer ahead at a quicker tempo,” Qalibaf advised lawmakers.

IAEA Director Normal Rafael Mariano Grossi stated he wrote to Iran to debate resuming inspections of their nuclear services. Amongst different issues, Iran claims to have moved its extremely enriched uranium forward of the U.S. strikes, and Grossi stated his inspectors must reassess the nation’s stockpiles.

“We have to return,” he stated. “We have to interact.”

French President Emmanuel Macron stated he hoped Tehran would come again to the desk. France was a part of the 2015 take care of Iran that restricted its nuclear program, however the settlement started unraveling after Trump pulled the U.S. out in his first time period. Macron spoke a number of instances to Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian through the conflict.

Worldwide Atomic Power Company Director Rafael Grossi stated Wednesday that Iran should shortly resume cooperation with worldwide inspectors, telling French broadcaster France 2 that the IAEA had misplaced visibility over delicate nuclear supplies because the onset of hostilities.

Grossi stated Iran is legally obligated to cooperate with the IAEA below the Non-Proliferation Treaty.

“Throughout a conflict, inspections usually are not potential. However now that hostilities have ceased, and given the sensitivity of this materials, I imagine it’s in everybody’s curiosity that we resume our actions as quickly as potential,” he stated.

Iran has lengthy maintained that its nuclear program is peaceable, and U.S. intelligence companies have assessed that Tehran will not be actively pursuing a bomb. Nevertheless, Israeli leaders have argued that Iran might shortly assemble a nuclear weapon.

Israel is broadly believed to be the one Center Jap nation with nuclear weapons, which it has by no means acknowledged.

Questions over effectiveness of the US strikes

The Israel Atomic Power Fee stated its evaluation was that the U.S. and Israeli strikes have “set again Iran’s potential to develop nuclear weapons by a few years.” It didn’t give proof to again up its declare.

The U.S. strikes hit three Iranian nuclear websites, which Trump stated “fully and totally obliterated” the nation’s nuclear program. When requested a few U.S. intelligence report that discovered Iran’s nuclear program has been set again just a few months, Trump scoffed and stated it could at the least take years to rebuild.

Iran’s Overseas Ministry spokesman, Esmail Baghaei, confirmed that the strikes by American B-2 bombers utilizing bunker-buster bombs had triggered vital injury.

“Our nuclear installations have been badly broken, that’s for certain,” he advised Al Jazeera on Wednesday, refusing to enter element.

He appeared to recommend Iran won’t shut out IAEA inspectors for good, noting that the invoice earlier than parliament solely talks of suspending work with the company, not ending it. He additionally insisted Iran has the best to pursue a nuclear vitality program.

“Iran is decided to protect that proper below any circumstances,” he stated.

Witkoff stated late Tuesday on Fox Information’ “The Ingraham Angle” that Israel and the U.S. had achieved their goal with “the overall destruction of the enrichment capability” in Iran, and Iran’s prerequisite for talks — that Israel finish its marketing campaign — had been fulfilled.

“The proof is within the pudding,” he stated. “Nobody’s taking pictures at one another. It’s over.”

Hopes for a long-term peace settlement

An Israeli official, talking on situation of anonymity to debate inside deliberations, stated the ceasefire settlement with Iran amounted to “quiet for quiet,” with no additional understandings about Iran’s nuclear program going forward.

Witkoff advised Fox Information that Trump is now seeking to land “a complete peace settlement that goes past even the ceasefire.”

“We’re already speaking to one another, not simply immediately, but additionally via interlocutors,” Witkoff stated, including that the conversations had been promising.

Nevertheless, Baghaei, the Iranian spokesman, stated Washington had “torpedoed diplomacy” with its assaults on nuclear websites, and that whereas Iran in precept was all the time open to talks, nationwide safety was the precedence.

“We have now to ensure whether or not the opposite events are actually severe once they’re speaking about diplomacy, or is it once more a part of their techniques to make extra issues for the area and for my nation,” he stated.

Grossi stated Iran and the worldwide group ought to seize the chance of the ceasefire for a long-term diplomatic resolution.

“Out of the … dangerous issues that army battle brings, there’s additionally now a chance, a gap,” he stated. “We shouldn’t miss that chance.”

A uncommon video by Mossad

Israel revealed particulars of the intelligence and covert operations that it stated allowed the nation to successfully goal Iranian army commanders, nuclear scientists and key services.

In a uncommon video launched by Israel’s Mossad spy company, chief David Barnea thanked the CIA for being a key associate, and his personal brokers for work over years to realize what was “unimaginable at first.”

“Due to correct intelligence, superior applied sciences and operational capabilities past creativeness, we helped the air drive strike the Iranian nuclear undertaking, set up aerial superiority in Iranian skies and cut back the missile menace,” the company stated in a Fb put up alongside the video.

Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir, the army chief of workers, asserted that commandos had operated secretly “deep inside enemy territory” through the conflict.

Tehran on Tuesday put the loss of life toll in Iran at 606, with 5,332 folks wounded. The Washington-based Human Rights Activists group launched figures Wednesday suggesting Israeli strikes on Iran had killed at the least 1,054 and wounded 4,476.

The group, which has supplied detailed casualty figures from a number of rounds of unrest in Iran, stated 417 of these killed had been civilians and 318 had been safety forces.

A minimum of 28 folks had been killed in Israel and greater than 1,000 wounded, in line with officers.

Up to now two weeks, Iran has executed six prisoners accused of spying for Israel, together with three on Wednesday.

TZA: Small Caps Are Set For Progress If The Fed Cuts Key Fee (NYSEARCA:TZA)
The U.S. navy was a giant winner after Maduro’s seize. The opposite sensation this a Nike outfit
Duni AB (publ) 2025 Q3 – Outcomes – Earnings Name Presentation (OTCMKTS:DUNNF) 2025-10-24
At the very least 16 Epstein recordsdata have disappeared from DOJ’s website lower than a day after they have been posted
The FOMO-fueled gold bubble could now be turning right into a ‘mini-bust,’ analysts say
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

POPULAR

The Epstein saga engulfs Les Wexner — and the Ohio he helped build
U.S.

The Epstein saga engulfs Les Wexner — and the Ohio he helped build

Trump’s Critical Minerals, Rare Earths Push Highlights U.S. Workforce, Education Gap
Politics

Trump’s Critical Minerals, Rare Earths Push Highlights U.S. Workforce, Education Gap

Paula On ‘Jersey Shore’ ‘Memba Her?!
Entertainment

Paula On ‘Jersey Shore’ ‘Memba Her?!

Trump Iran Strike Fears Trigger UK Fuel Price Surge Warnings
world

Trump Iran Strike Fears Trigger UK Fuel Price Surge Warnings

4 tons of cocaine seized from “narco sub” off Mexico as El Salvador makes record drug bust at sea
News

4 tons of cocaine seized from “narco sub” off Mexico as El Salvador makes record drug bust at sea

World Cup Watch: MLS Will Be Where USA’s Goalkeeper Battle Will Play Out
Sports

World Cup Watch: MLS Will Be Where USA’s Goalkeeper Battle Will Play Out

Scoopico

Stay ahead with Scoopico — your source for breaking news, bold opinions, trending culture, and sharp reporting across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. No fluff. Just the scoop.

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?