By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Scoopico
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
Reading: US official says personnel from Navy ship inspected Venezuelan fishing boat for medication
Share
Font ResizerAa
ScoopicoScoopico
Search

Search

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel

Latest Stories

Former Prince Andrew arrest ‘first step,’ Virginia Giuffre family says
Former Prince Andrew arrest ‘first step,’ Virginia Giuffre family says
HHS agency removes decades of outdated regulatory guidance documents
HHS agency removes decades of outdated regulatory guidance documents
Jaguar Driver Crashes Into School Bus on Video, Later Arrested for DV at Home
Jaguar Driver Crashes Into School Bus on Video, Later Arrested for DV at Home
MTY Food Group Inc. (MTY:CA) Q4 2025 Earnings Call Transcript
MTY Food Group Inc. (MTY:CA) Q4 2025 Earnings Call Transcript
Blue Owl curbs investor liquidity following private loans sale
Blue Owl curbs investor liquidity following private loans sale
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved
US official says personnel from Navy ship inspected Venezuelan fishing boat for medication
U.S.

US official says personnel from Navy ship inspected Venezuelan fishing boat for medication

Scoopico
Last updated: September 14, 2025 1:35 am
Scoopico
Published: September 14, 2025
Share
SHARE


The Venezuelan authorities accused U.S. personnel of boarding and occupying a civilian fishing boat on Friday, within the newest instance of tensions because the U.S. carries out “counter narco-terror operations” within the Caribbean. 

A U.S. official instructed ABC Information that Coast Guard personnel stationed aboard the U.S. Navy destroyer USS Jason Dunham searched the fishing boat for medication following a tip however didn’t find any contraband.

Venezuela’s International Ministry workplace claimed Saturday that the U.S. Navy deployed “eighteen personnel with long-range weapons who boarded and occupied” the Venezuelan fishing vessel in waters inside Venezuela’s Unique Financial Zone (EEZ).

A drone view reveals the U.S. Navy guided missile destroyer USS Jason Dunham (DDG-109) because it docks in Ponce, Puerto Rico, September 6, 2025.

Ricardo Arduengo/Reuters

“This operation lacks any strategic proportionality and constitutes a direct provocation via the unlawful use of extreme army means,” the overseas ministry mentioned in an announcement.

A U.S. official with information of the incident confirmed to ABC Information that the Jason Dunham obtained info to board the Venezuelan small craft to see if it was carrying medication.

The regulation enforcement detachment aboard the destroyer boarded the Venezuelan craft and carried out a search that turned up no medication, in accordance with the official.

The U.S. official disputed claims from the Venezuelan overseas ministry that the search took eight hours they usually contended the boat was in worldwide waters.

Trump introduced earlier this month that he ordered extra army presence within the ocean to deal with unlawful drug smuggling.

On Sept. 2, he introduced that the U.S. ordered a strike on an alleged drug boat that originated from South America and “positively recognized Tren de Aragua Narcoterrorists.” The president mentioned 11 alleged terrorists had been killed.

Earlier this month, the Pentagon mentioned two Venezuelan army plane flew close to the identical U.S. Navy vessel — the usJason Dunham — in worldwide waters in a “extremely provocative transfer” that it mentioned aimed to disrupt the U.S. operations.

Luke Burbank on making reasonable New Yr’s resolutions
Trump’s schooling deal is worse than it appears
Two Sheriff’s deputies hospitalized after hit-and-run crash in South L.A.
Marco Rubio says a ceasefire in Ukraine is ‘not off the desk’ after Trump-Putin summit
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce announce engagement
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

POPULAR

Former Prince Andrew arrest ‘first step,’ Virginia Giuffre family says
U.S.

Former Prince Andrew arrest ‘first step,’ Virginia Giuffre family says

HHS agency removes decades of outdated regulatory guidance documents
Politics

HHS agency removes decades of outdated regulatory guidance documents

Jaguar Driver Crashes Into School Bus on Video, Later Arrested for DV at Home
Entertainment

Jaguar Driver Crashes Into School Bus on Video, Later Arrested for DV at Home

MTY Food Group Inc. (MTY:CA) Q4 2025 Earnings Call Transcript
Money

MTY Food Group Inc. (MTY:CA) Q4 2025 Earnings Call Transcript

Blue Owl curbs investor liquidity following private loans sale
News

Blue Owl curbs investor liquidity following private loans sale

Stablecoins Surge Challenges Bitcoin’s Dominance in Crypto
business

Stablecoins Surge Challenges Bitcoin’s Dominance in Crypto

Scoopico

Stay ahead with Scoopico — your source for breaking news, bold opinions, trending culture, and sharp reporting across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. No fluff. Just the scoop.

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?