By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Scoopico
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
Reading: TSA says PreCheck is still operational after DHS head Noem said it was suspended due to shutdown
Share
Font ResizerAa
ScoopicoScoopico
Search

Search

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel

Latest Stories

Trocheck’s Explicit Party Vow Goes Viral After USA Hockey Olympic Gold Win
Trocheck’s Explicit Party Vow Goes Viral After USA Hockey Olympic Gold Win
ANTM’s Alexandra Underwood Breaks Silence on Unsafe Pendulum Challenge
ANTM’s Alexandra Underwood Breaks Silence on Unsafe Pendulum Challenge
A Guide To Unconventional Dining Options In Sydney
A Guide To Unconventional Dining Options In Sydney
US-Iran nuclear talks to resume as Trump assembles largest military presence in Mideast in decades
US-Iran nuclear talks to resume as Trump assembles largest military presence in Mideast in decades
Milan-Cortina hands over flag to French Alps for 2030 Winter Olympics
Milan-Cortina hands over flag to French Alps for 2030 Winter Olympics
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved
TSA says PreCheck is still operational after DHS head Noem said it was suspended due to shutdown
Money

TSA says PreCheck is still operational after DHS head Noem said it was suspended due to shutdown

Scoopico
Last updated: February 22, 2026 7:28 pm
Scoopico
Published: February 22, 2026
Share
SHARE



The Transportation Security Administration said Sunday that its PreCheck program would remain operational despite an earlier announcement from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security that the airport security service was being suspended during the partial government shutdown.

“As staffing constraints arise, TSA will evaluate on a case by case basis and adjust operations accordingly,” the agency said.

It was not immediately clear whether Global Entry, another airport service, would be affected. PreCheck and Global Entry are designed to help speed registered travelers through security lines, and suspensions would likely cause headaches and delays. Since starting in 2013, more than 20 million Americans are signed up for TSA PreCheck, according to the Department of Homeland Security, and millions of those Americans also have overlapping Global Entry memberships. Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection program that allows pre-approved, low-risk travelers to use expedited kiosks when entering the United States from abroad.

The turmoil is tied to a partial government shutdown that began Feb. 14 after Democrats and the White House were unable to reach a deal on legislation to fund the Department of Homeland Security. Democrats have been demanding changes to immigration operations that are core to President Donald Trump’s deportation campaign.

The security disruptions come at a time where a major winter storm will hit the East Coast from Sunday into Monday. Nine out of ten flights going out of John F. Kennedy International Airport, LaGuardia Airport and Boston Logan Airport have been cancelled for Monday.

Homeland Security previously said it was taking “emergency measures to preserve limited funds.” Among the steps listed were “ending Transportation Security Administration (TSA) PreCheck lanes and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Global Entry service, to refocus Department personnel on the majority of travelers.”

“We are glad that DHS has decided to keep PreCheck operational and avoid a crisis of its own making,” said Geoff Freeman, president and CEO of the U.S. Travel Association.

Before announcing the PreCheck shutdown, Secretary Kristi Noem said in a statement Saturday night that “shutdowns have serious real world consequences.”

One group of fliers will definitely be affected, according to TSA.

“Courtesy escorts, such as those for Members of Congress, have been suspended to allow officers to focus on the mission of securing America’s skies,” the agency said.

Airlines for America, a trade group representing major carriers, said Saturday night that “it’s past time for Congress to get to the table and get a deal done.” It also criticized the announcement by saying it was “issued with extremely short notice to travelers, giving them little time to plan accordingly.”

“A4A is deeply concerned that TSA PreCheck and Global Entry programs are being suspended and that the traveling public will be, once again, used as a political football amid another government shutdown,” the organization said.

Democrats on the House Committee on Homeland Security criticized Homeland Security handling of airport security after the initial announcement on Saturday night. They accused the administration of “kneecapping the programs that make travel smoother and secure.”

Sen. Andy Kim, a New Jersey Democrat, said Noem’s actions are part of an administration strategy to distract from other issues and shift responsibility.

“This administration is trying to weaponize our government, trying to make things intentionally more difficult for the American people as a political leverage,” he told CNN on Sunday. “And the American people see that.”

Dartmouth professor says he is stunned simply how scared his Gen Z college students are of AI
Pyxis Tankers (PXS): Imperial Petroleum’s Closest Peer Deserves A Increased Valuation – Purchase
Transfer over caviar, the most well liked luxurious ingredient is crab
‘It’s not going to occur’: Mexico president rejects Trump’s supply of navy strikes on cartels
ST Engineering debuts the AirFish: A craft that flies just above the sea at up to 116mph
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

POPULAR

Trocheck’s Explicit Party Vow Goes Viral After USA Hockey Olympic Gold Win
Sports

Trocheck’s Explicit Party Vow Goes Viral After USA Hockey Olympic Gold Win

ANTM’s Alexandra Underwood Breaks Silence on Unsafe Pendulum Challenge
Entertainment

ANTM’s Alexandra Underwood Breaks Silence on Unsafe Pendulum Challenge

A Guide To Unconventional Dining Options In Sydney
Life

A Guide To Unconventional Dining Options In Sydney

US-Iran nuclear talks to resume as Trump assembles largest military presence in Mideast in decades
Money

US-Iran nuclear talks to resume as Trump assembles largest military presence in Mideast in decades

Milan-Cortina hands over flag to French Alps for 2030 Winter Olympics
News

Milan-Cortina hands over flag to French Alps for 2030 Winter Olympics

23XI Racing Gives Tyler Reddick ‘Unique Advantage’ After Daytona 500 Win
Sports

23XI Racing Gives Tyler Reddick ‘Unique Advantage’ After Daytona 500 Win

Scoopico

Stay ahead with Scoopico — your source for breaking news, bold opinions, trending culture, and sharp reporting across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. No fluff. Just the scoop.

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?