By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Scoopico
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
Reading: More than 70,000 voters will stay on North Carolina voter rolls after settlement
Share
Font ResizerAa
ScoopicoScoopico
Search

Search

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel

Latest Stories

Hulu’s Hit Series Tell Me Lies Is Officially Ending After Season 3
Hulu’s Hit Series Tell Me Lies Is Officially Ending After Season 3
The Points Guy blasts proposed legislation to upend credit card loyalty programs
The Points Guy blasts proposed legislation to upend credit card loyalty programs
Jesse Jackson dead at 84
Jesse Jackson dead at 84
Opinion | The Democratic Party, ICE, Trump: 13 Democratic Voters Discuss
Opinion | The Democratic Party, ICE, Trump: 13 Democratic Voters Discuss
Wrexham Set For Blockbuster FA Cup Tie Against 8-time Champion Chelsea
Wrexham Set For Blockbuster FA Cup Tie Against 8-time Champion Chelsea
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved
More than 70,000 voters will stay on North Carolina voter rolls after settlement
News

More than 70,000 voters will stay on North Carolina voter rolls after settlement

Scoopico
Last updated: February 17, 2026 9:35 am
Scoopico
Published: February 17, 2026
Share
SHARE



More than 73,000 North Carolinians will be given more time to show identifying documentation to election officials to remain on the state’s voter rolls following a settlement between the national parties and the state’s election board.

The settlement, which lays out the ways in which the state will collect the required proof of identity for the voter list, was signed by the Democratic and Republican parties Monday and sent federal court for approval.

The Republican National Committee and North Carolina GOP sued state election officials in 2024, alleging a quarter million voters had been improperly registered because their registrations did not include the last four digits of their Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers or an attestation that they had neither.

Republicans asked to have the voters’ registrations removed and the ballots they had cast tossed out in a pair of lawsuits. The Democratic National Committee intervened in the suit on behalf of state election officials.

“This latest victory is a win for Americans and yet another blow to the Republicans’ scheme to disenfranchise voters ahead of the midterm elections,” DNC chair Ken Martin said in a statement after the settlement.

The North Carolina State Board of Elections, which said that only around 100,000 voters lacked an identifier like a driver’s license number as of last summer, began updating voter registrations last year. The board also sent letters to more than 82,000 voters asking them to update their registrations.

As of December 2025, around 73,000 voters do not yet have that information on file.

Under the terms of the settlement, those voters will stay on the voter rolls and their registrations will be updated when they vote. Under North Carolina law, voters must show identification when casting a ballot, at which point election officials will update their registrations with the IDs they use.

Any voters who do not show the requested identifier, typically a driver’s license number, when they vote will be asked to cast a provisional ballot and to show election officials other identifying documents to prove their identities.

North Carolina has been a closely divided battleground state in recent elections. President Donald Trump won the state by about 183,000 votes in 2024 and by less than 75,000 votes in 2020.

[/gpt3]

China’s exports in November massively beat expectations on U.S. commerce truce
Inside a Utah desert facility making ready people for all times on Mars
U.S. NATO allies say “Greenland belongs to its individuals” after Stephen Miller says it needs to be a part of the U.S.
How Assemblies of God church buildings shielded accused predators as they abused kids
Tremendous Storm Ragasa slams southern China
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

POPULAR

Hulu’s Hit Series Tell Me Lies Is Officially Ending After Season 3
Entertainment

Hulu’s Hit Series Tell Me Lies Is Officially Ending After Season 3

The Points Guy blasts proposed legislation to upend credit card loyalty programs
Money

The Points Guy blasts proposed legislation to upend credit card loyalty programs

Jesse Jackson dead at 84
News

Jesse Jackson dead at 84

Opinion | The Democratic Party, ICE, Trump: 13 Democratic Voters Discuss
Opinion

Opinion | The Democratic Party, ICE, Trump: 13 Democratic Voters Discuss

Wrexham Set For Blockbuster FA Cup Tie Against 8-time Champion Chelsea
Sports

Wrexham Set For Blockbuster FA Cup Tie Against 8-time Champion Chelsea

Woman Dead 27 Minutes Awakens, Scribbles ‘It’s Real’ After Heaven Vision
world

Woman Dead 27 Minutes Awakens, Scribbles ‘It’s Real’ After Heaven Vision

Scoopico

Stay ahead with Scoopico — your source for breaking news, bold opinions, trending culture, and sharp reporting across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. No fluff. Just the scoop.

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?