By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Scoopico
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
Reading: Mets ought to have taken benefit
Share
Font ResizerAa
ScoopicoScoopico
Search

Search

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel

Latest Stories

No. 5 UConn second-half spurt overpowers Villanova
No. 5 UConn second-half spurt overpowers Villanova
The absolute best movies on HBO Max to watch now
The absolute best movies on HBO Max to watch now
Kate Hudson, Lily Allen, Rose Byrne Dazzle at Chanel Pre-BAFTA Bash
Kate Hudson, Lily Allen, Rose Byrne Dazzle at Chanel Pre-BAFTA Bash
Video Trump says ‘really bad things’ will happen if Iran doesn’t make deal
Video Trump says ‘really bad things’ will happen if Iran doesn’t make deal
California Gov. Gavin Newsom backs social media age limits bill for teens
California Gov. Gavin Newsom backs social media age limits bill for teens
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved
Mets ought to have taken benefit
Sports

Mets ought to have taken benefit

Scoopico
Last updated: December 31, 2025 6:01 pm
Scoopico
Published: December 31, 2025
Share
SHARE



close

The New York Mets have had an underwhelming offseason by their requirements, as they had been anticipated to be one of many largest spenders after lacking the playoffs final season.

Aside from signing closers Devin Williams and Luke Weaver and All-Star slugger Jorge Polanco, the Mets have largely been quiet within the offseason, regardless of being linked with a number of high-profile free brokers.

The NL East franchise missed out on signing former All-Star infielder Pete Alonso, who signed with the Baltimore Orioles in free company. The Mets additionally reportedly dropped their pursuit of Kyle Schwarber, who returned to the Philadelphia Phillies in free company.

Amid the group’s lack of spending, MLB podcaster Tony Metro urged the group to go after Japanese free agent Tatsuya Imai, whose signing window closes this week on Friday.

“The Mets ought to reap the benefits of Tatsuya Imai’s barren market. Even when the AAV stays excessive, this screams a shorter-term take care of opt-outs, low long-term threat, and actual upside.”

Imai was linked with a number of groups after he was posted by NPB’s Saitama Seibu Lions final month. Aside from the Mets, the New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Phillies and Baltimore Orioles have been linked with the Japanese ace, however haven’t proposed a suggestion for the beginning pitcher.