By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Scoopico
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
Reading: L.A. County can pay $20 million to household of 4-year-old boy killed
Share
Font ResizerAa
ScoopicoScoopico
Search

Search

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel

Latest Stories

Man shot, killed by Secret Service, local deputy outside of Mar-a-Lago, agency says
Man shot, killed by Secret Service, local deputy outside of Mar-a-Lago, agency says
Armed man shot and killed after ‘unauthorized entry’ into Mar-a-Lago: Secret Service
Armed man shot and killed after ‘unauthorized entry’ into Mar-a-Lago: Secret Service
Sara Ramirez Pays Tribute to Eric Dane, Shares His Support for Trans Costar
Sara Ramirez Pays Tribute to Eric Dane, Shares His Support for Trans Costar
New Mouse Brain Maps Reveal Myelin Patterns and Disease Clues
New Mouse Brain Maps Reveal Myelin Patterns and Disease Clues
French farming crisis a result of ‘15 years of failure’ in policy, expert says
French farming crisis a result of ‘15 years of failure’ in policy, expert says
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved
L.A. County can pay  million to household of 4-year-old boy killed
U.S.

L.A. County can pay $20 million to household of 4-year-old boy killed

Scoopico
Last updated: October 1, 2025 2:12 am
Scoopico
Published: October 1, 2025
Share
SHARE


Los Angeles County agreed to pay $20 million Tuesday to the household of Noah Cuatro, a 4-year-old Palmdale boy who was tortured to demise by his dad and mom in 2019.

The case introduced intense scrutiny of the county’s baby welfare system after it was revealed that the Division of Youngsters and Household Providers had didn’t take away Noah from his dad and mom regardless of a court docket order.

DCFS had been given 10 days to get Noah away from his dad and mom and seen by a health care provider after a number of reviews of neglect and abuse, The Instances beforehand reported. The division ignored the order.

He died lower than two months later, proper earlier than his fifth birthday. His dad and mom later pleaded no contest to homicide and torture prices.

“He all the time begged me to not ship him to his dad and mom,” stated Eva Hernandez, Noah’s great-grandmother. “I attempted to elucidate to him so many instances, however he didn’t perceive. He’d take his little arms and look into my eyes and say, ‘Don’t make me go there.’”

Eva Hernandez cries whereas remembering her great-grandson Noah Cuatro because the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors prepares to approve a $20-million settlement to his household.

(Genaro Molina / Los Angeles Instances)

Hernandez sued DCFS in 2020, alleging the division had failed her grandson and may have intervened to maintain him protected. Cuatro had been underneath the supervision of the company from the time he was born as a result of his mom had been accused of fracturing his half sister’s cranium.

The kid welfare division stated since Noah’s demise they’ve employed 1000’s of social employees to lower caseloads and retrained social employees on interviewing methods and use of forensic exams.

“It’s DCFS’ hope that this decision offers Noah’s household a way of peace,” the division stated in a press release. “DCFS stays dedicated to studying from the previous, bettering its work, and working with transparency.”

On the time of his demise, Noah remained underneath supervision by DCFS regardless of greater than a dozen reviews to the kid abuse hotline and police from callers who believed that he and his siblings have been being abused.

Legal professional Brian Claypool, who represented Cuatro’s household within the lawsuit, stated Noah’s demise was a direct results of the county failing to comply with the court docket order to take away him from his dad and mom. A Superior Courtroom choose had agreed to take away him after a social employee filed a 26-page request with the court docket, citing proof of abuse.

“The county actually blew it with the elimination order. There’s no excuse for them to not have picked up Noah,” Claypool stated. “Probably the most surprising, upsetting a part of this case is after I took the deposition of the social employee within the case and the 2 supervisors, not one of the people learn the petition of all of the abuse that was submitted to the court docket. That was inexcusable.”

Hands hold up a framed photo.

Eva Hernandez holds a photograph of her great-grandson Noah Cuatro.

(Genaro Molina / Los Angeles Instances)

Noah’s dad and mom initially referred to as 911 on July 5, 2019, saying their son had drowned in a swimming pool of their residence advanced, however authorities grew suspicious after discovering the boy unconscious and dry within the residence. Medical doctors later discovered bruises throughout his physique and indicators of “mottling” round his neck.

County Supervisor Kathryn Barger, whose district contains Palmdale, referred to as his demise a “heartbreaking tragedy.”

“Whereas nothing can undo the hurt he suffered, right this moment’s $20 million settlement awarded to his surviving siblings and grandmother offers some measure of assist as they proceed to heal,” she stated in a press release. “Noah’s life was not in useless. His case has strengthened the necessity for ongoing evaluation of kid welfare circumstances, stronger partnerships with our colleges, and a stabilized DCFS workforce to higher shield kids within the Antelope Valley. Noah leaves behind a legacy — he won’t be forgotten.”

His great-grandmother, Hernandez, stated she nonetheless thinks of him day-after-day.

“I do know that he’s not struggling anymore,” she stated.

UK and US agree zero-tariff deal on prescription drugs
NASA crew to make early return attributable to medical problem
Hurricane Erin Fuels East Coast Evacuations: The place Is It Headed?
U.S. strikes eighth alleged drug vessel, this time on the Pacific aspect
L.A. to host congressional listening to on arrests of U.S. residents in immigration raids
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

POPULAR

Man shot, killed by Secret Service, local deputy outside of Mar-a-Lago, agency says
U.S.

Man shot, killed by Secret Service, local deputy outside of Mar-a-Lago, agency says

Armed man shot and killed after ‘unauthorized entry’ into Mar-a-Lago: Secret Service
Politics

Armed man shot and killed after ‘unauthorized entry’ into Mar-a-Lago: Secret Service

Sara Ramirez Pays Tribute to Eric Dane, Shares His Support for Trans Costar
Entertainment

Sara Ramirez Pays Tribute to Eric Dane, Shares His Support for Trans Costar

New Mouse Brain Maps Reveal Myelin Patterns and Disease Clues
technology

New Mouse Brain Maps Reveal Myelin Patterns and Disease Clues

French farming crisis a result of ‘15 years of failure’ in policy, expert says
News

French farming crisis a result of ‘15 years of failure’ in policy, expert says

WWE Official Aja Smith Sends Heartbreaking Message: “Literally Shaking”
Sports

WWE Official Aja Smith Sends Heartbreaking Message: “Literally Shaking”

Scoopico

Stay ahead with Scoopico — your source for breaking news, bold opinions, trending culture, and sharp reporting across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. No fluff. Just the scoop.

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?