By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Scoopico
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
Reading: Iran’s overseas minister uncertain talks with U.S. will resume rapidly, however says “doorways of diplomacy won’t ever slam shut”
Share
Font ResizerAa
ScoopicoScoopico
Search

Search

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel

Latest Stories

The beginning of a Santa Rally or extra ‘bah humbug’?
The beginning of a Santa Rally or extra ‘bah humbug’?
MMA fighter allegedly assaults streamer dwell after claims he begged Dana White for a UFC deal
MMA fighter allegedly assaults streamer dwell after claims he begged Dana White for a UFC deal
Save  on the newly-released SCUF Valor Professional Xbox controller for Black Friday
Save $30 on the newly-released SCUF Valor Professional Xbox controller for Black Friday
4 lifeless after capturing at household occasion in Stockton
4 lifeless after capturing at household occasion in Stockton
Trump outlines immigration legislation days after Nationwide Guard taking pictures
Trump outlines immigration legislation days after Nationwide Guard taking pictures
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved
Iran’s overseas minister uncertain talks with U.S. will resume rapidly, however says “doorways of diplomacy won’t ever slam shut”
News

Iran’s overseas minister uncertain talks with U.S. will resume rapidly, however says “doorways of diplomacy won’t ever slam shut”

Scoopico
Last updated: July 1, 2025 2:36 pm
Scoopico
Published: July 1, 2025
Share
SHARE


President Trump just lately indicated diplomatic talks with Iran may restart as quickly as this week, though the White Home famous no talks had been formally scheduled. After U.S. airstrikes on a few of Iran’s nuclear services, adopted days later by a ceasefire to finish what Mr. Trump referred to as the 12-day struggle between Iran and Israel, Iran’s overseas minister appeared much less sure a few speedy return to diplomacy.

“I do not suppose negotiations will restart as rapidly as that,” Iranian Overseas Minister Abbas Araghchi instructed CBS Information by a translator. 

“To ensure that us to determine to reengage, we must first be sure that America is not going to revert again to concentrating on us in a navy assault in the course of the negotiations,” Araghchi stated in his first interview with an American media outlet inside Iran for the reason that bombings. “And I believe with all these concerns, we nonetheless want extra time.” 

Nonetheless, Araghchi additionally insisted, “The doorways of diplomacy won’t ever slam shut.”

Mr. Trump stated throughout a televised tackle following the American strikes on June 21 that Iran’s Fordo nuclear enrichment web site and the Isfahan and Natanz nuclear services had been “fully and completely obliterated.” Gen. Dan Caine, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Workers, stated throughout a information convention, “Preliminary battle injury assessments point out that each one three websites sustained extraordinarily extreme injury and destruction.”

Rafael Mariano Grossi, the top of the United Nations’ nuclear watchdog company, instructed CBS Information the U.S. strikes brought on “extreme injury, nevertheless it’s not complete injury.” Grossi stated Iran may possible begin enriching uranium once more inside a couple of months.

“One can’t obliterate the expertise and science for enrichment by bombings,” Araghchi stated. “If there’s this can on our half, and the desire exists as a way to as soon as once more make progress on this business, we can expeditiously restore the damages and make up for the misplaced time.” 

When requested if Iran intends to proceed enriching uranium, Araghchi stated the nation’s “peaceable nuclear program has became a matter of nationwide satisfaction and glory. We’ve got additionally gone by 12 days of imposed struggle, due to this fact, individuals is not going to simply again down from enrichment.”

After 12 days of missile exchanges between Iran and Israel, Iranian Supreme Chief Ayatollah Ali Khamenei declared victory, writing on social media, “I supply my congratulations on the victory over the fallacious Zionist regime,” and claiming Israel’s authorities was “virtually knocked out and crushed underneath the blows of the Islamic Republic.”

Mr. Trump responded on social media, calling Khamenei’s declaration a lie, saying Iran had been “decimated” and claiming he prevented each the U.S. and Israeli militaries from assassinating the supreme chief.

Mr. Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are set to satisfy on the White Home subsequent Monday.

Mr. Trump has additionally indicated he may order strikes on Iran once more ought to it resume enriching uranium past a sure stage. Araghchi questioned the legality of such motion and stated Iran was ready for extra assaults.

“We confirmed and proved throughout this 12-day imposed struggle that we have now the flexibility to defend ourselves, and we’ll proceed to take action ought to any aggression be launched towards us,” he stated. 

Caroline Linton and

Tucker Reals

contributed to this report.

The Standoff with Iran

Extra

Imtiaz Tyab

Imtiaz Tyab is a CBS Information senior overseas correspondent based mostly in London and stories for all platforms, together with the “CBS Night Information,” “CBS Mornings,” “CBS Sunday Morning” and CBS Information 24/7. He has in depth expertise reporting from main world flashpoints, together with the Center East and the struggle on terror.

1000’s rally in Tel Aviv towards Israeli authorities's plan to broaden Gaza battle
Reside: Zelensky says 'stress should be exerted on Russia' to finish conflict in Ukraine
Pink alert: Hovering temperatures immediate stay-home warnings throughout Europe
Perplexity gives to purchase Google’s Chrome browser for $34.5 billion
Valencia flood anniversary: Protesters demand regional chief’s resignation
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

POPULAR

The beginning of a Santa Rally or extra ‘bah humbug’?
News

The beginning of a Santa Rally or extra ‘bah humbug’?

MMA fighter allegedly assaults streamer dwell after claims he begged Dana White for a UFC deal
Sports

MMA fighter allegedly assaults streamer dwell after claims he begged Dana White for a UFC deal

Save  on the newly-released SCUF Valor Professional Xbox controller for Black Friday
Tech

Save $30 on the newly-released SCUF Valor Professional Xbox controller for Black Friday

4 lifeless after capturing at household occasion in Stockton
U.S.

4 lifeless after capturing at household occasion in Stockton

Trump outlines immigration legislation days after Nationwide Guard taking pictures
Politics

Trump outlines immigration legislation days after Nationwide Guard taking pictures

Ray J’s Ups and Downs By the Years: Arrests and Extra
Entertainment

Ray J’s Ups and Downs By the Years: Arrests and Extra

Scoopico

Stay ahead with Scoopico — your source for breaking news, bold opinions, trending culture, and sharp reporting across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. No fluff. Just the scoop.

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?