By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Scoopico
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
Reading: Beverly Hills police shut down Jaylen Brown’s brand event during NBA All-Star Weekend
Share
Font ResizerAa
ScoopicoScoopico
Search

Search

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel

Latest Stories

With gold medal win, Elana Meyers Taylor is the most decorated U.S. female bobsledder
With gold medal win, Elana Meyers Taylor is the most decorated U.S. female bobsledder
Real Espana vs Los Angeles FC Prediction and Betting Tips
Real Espana vs Los Angeles FC Prediction and Betting Tips
BJ’s Wholesale Club membership prices just dropped to  (usually )
BJ’s Wholesale Club membership prices just dropped to $20 (usually $60)
11 travel mistakes that can ruin your next trip
11 travel mistakes that can ruin your next trip
Guthrie family & spouses cleared as possible suspects, says Pima County sheriff
Guthrie family & spouses cleared as possible suspects, says Pima County sheriff
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved
Beverly Hills police shut down Jaylen Brown’s brand event during NBA All-Star Weekend
U.S.

Beverly Hills police shut down Jaylen Brown’s brand event during NBA All-Star Weekend

Scoopico
Last updated: February 16, 2026 9:49 pm
Scoopico
Published: February 16, 2026
Share
SHARE



NBA star Jaylen Brown had a public spat with the Beverly Hills Police Department Saturday night after police shut down a brand event he was hosting.

Brown, who signed a $285-million contract with the Celtics in 2023, was in Los Angeles for the National Basketball Assn.’s All-Star festivities.

He told ESPN that the event was hosted at Oakley founder Jim Jannard’s house. Brown is sponsored by Oakley.

The event took place in the Trousdale section of Beverly Hills and was shut down about 7 p.m. In a video posted on Brown’s Instagram account, the NBA star could be seen arguing with a BHPD officer who was shutting the party down.

“The owner didn’t say we needed a permit,” Brown told the officer in the video. Brown claimed the event was not a party, but rather a panel on culture.

“300k down the drain,” Brown wrote in a post on X after the incident, tagging the Beverly Hills Police Department.

“An event permit had been applied for and denied by the City due to previous violations associated with events at the address,” BHPD said in a statement.

“Despite the fact that the permit was denied, organizers still chose to proceed with inviting hundreds of guests knowing that it was not allowed to occur,” the statement continued.

Brown plays for the Boston Celtics, a historic rival of the Los Angeles Lakers, but added that he was surprised at his treatment by the city of Beverly Hills.

“I feel like we’re being targeted right now,” he said in a video posted to Instagram.



VA terminates leases of West L.A. land, leaves land used by Brentwood School’s athletics in limbo
Kyiv hit with barrage of missiles in ‘huge assault’ from Russia: Ukrainian officers
California sues Trump administration over high-speed rail funds
Dozens lifeless after 6.9-magnitude earthquake strikes Philippines
Commentary: A story of two parks: One was a ‘poor boy’s Disneyland,’ the opposite had a Cobra Girl who was actually a person
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

POPULAR

With gold medal win, Elana Meyers Taylor is the most decorated U.S. female bobsledder
News

With gold medal win, Elana Meyers Taylor is the most decorated U.S. female bobsledder

Real Espana vs Los Angeles FC Prediction and Betting Tips
Sports

Real Espana vs Los Angeles FC Prediction and Betting Tips

BJ’s Wholesale Club membership prices just dropped to  (usually )
Tech

BJ’s Wholesale Club membership prices just dropped to $20 (usually $60)

11 travel mistakes that can ruin your next trip
Travel

11 travel mistakes that can ruin your next trip

Guthrie family & spouses cleared as possible suspects, says Pima County sheriff
U.S.

Guthrie family & spouses cleared as possible suspects, says Pima County sheriff

President Trump slams Gov. Moore over 240M gallon sewage disaster
Politics

President Trump slams Gov. Moore over 240M gallon sewage disaster

Scoopico

Stay ahead with Scoopico — your source for breaking news, bold opinions, trending culture, and sharp reporting across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. No fluff. Just the scoop.

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?