By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Scoopico
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
Reading: Alleged drug smugglers jumped overboard in newest boat strikes, U.S. navy says
Share
Font ResizerAa
ScoopicoScoopico
Search

Search

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel

Latest Stories

Men’s College Basketball Top-25 Rankings
Men’s College Basketball Top-25 Rankings
Today’s Hurdle hints and answers for February 16, 2026
Today’s Hurdle hints and answers for February 16, 2026
Savannah Guthrie pleads for person who took her mother to come forward
Savannah Guthrie pleads for person who took her mother to come forward
Trump’s Presidential Pardons Follow Ford’s Pardon of Richard Nixon Still Matters
Trump’s Presidential Pardons Follow Ford’s Pardon of Richard Nixon Still Matters
Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco Dine at L.A. Hotspot Max and Helen’s
Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco Dine at L.A. Hotspot Max and Helen’s
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved
Alleged drug smugglers jumped overboard in newest boat strikes, U.S. navy says
News

Alleged drug smugglers jumped overboard in newest boat strikes, U.S. navy says

Scoopico
Last updated: January 1, 2026 12:15 am
Scoopico
Published: January 1, 2026
Share
SHARE


Contents
Extra from CBS InformationGo deeper with The Free Press

Washington — People on board two alleged drug smuggling boats jumped into the water after an preliminary strike on one other boat on Tuesday, the U.S. navy stated.   

U.S. Southern Command introduced Wednesday that three “narco-trafficking vessels touring as a convoy” have been struck in “worldwide waters” a day earlier. Three individuals have been killed when the primary boat was hit, based on Southern Command, bringing the estimated demise toll within the monthslong navy marketing campaign in opposition to alleged drug smugglers to not less than 110. 

“The remaining narco-terrorists deserted the opposite two vessels, leaping overboard and distancing themselves earlier than follow-on engagements sank their respective vessels,” Southern Command stated, including that the U.S. Coast Guard had been notified for search-and-rescue efforts. 

In a separate assertion, the Coast Guard stated it was notified Tuesday about “mariners in misery within the Pacific Ocean.” 

“The U.S. Coast Guard is coordinating search-and-rescue operations with vessels within the space, and a Coast Guard C-130 plane is en route to supply additional search protection with the power to drop a survival raft and provides,” the assertion stated. 

As many as eight individuals deserted the remaining two vessels, three U.S. officers instructed CBS Information. One of many officers stated the strikes have been carried out within the jap Pacific Ocean. 

A 46-second video of the strikes didn’t seem to point out any survivors within the water. 

The Trump administration’s dealing with of survivors has come below intense scrutiny, with some critics accusing it of committing potential conflict crimes after a follow-up strike on Sept. 2 killed two survivors. Two males who survived a strike within the Caribbean Sea on Oct. 16 have been detained by the U.S. Navy and repatriated to their nations of origin, prompting questions in regards to the hazard the Trump administration has claimed alleged drug traffickers pose to the U.S. Strikes on Oct. 27 within the Pacific left one survivor, who has since been presumed lifeless.  

Members of Congress — largely Democrats — have sought to rein within the boat strikes, which come because the Trump administration escalates strain in opposition to Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro. The administration has accused Maduro of drug trafficking and dealing with gangs designated by the U.S. as terrorist organizations, which Maduro denies.

Lawmakers have raised alarm that the strikes, which haven’t been approved by Congress, might result in conflict with Venezuela and have questioned their legality.

President Trump, who has repeatedly threatened land strikes in opposition to Venezuela, stated the U.S. “knocked out” a “massive facility” final week linked to the alleged drug smuggling operations, however his administration has supplied few particulars on the matter. 

“There was a serious explosion within the dock space the place they load the boats up with medication,” Mr. Trump instructed reporters Monday in Florida. 

Many Republicans have defended the strikes, together with after the administration acknowledged that two survivors of the Sept. 2 boat assault have been killed in a follow-up strike. 

Each critics and defenders of the Sept. 2 follow-up strike have known as for the video to be launched to the general public, however Protection Secretary Pete Hegseth stated the Pentagon has no plans to take action.

Nicole Sganga and

Eleanor Watson

contributed to this report.

Extra from CBS Information

Go deeper with The Free Press


[/gpt3]

Police raid Paris offices of Musk's X over child sexual deepfakes
French President Emmanuel Macron says he does not consider Putin is ‘very prepared to get peace’ in Ukraine
Lots of rally in opposition to Border Patrol in North Carolina
Corporations are blaming AI for job cuts. Critics say it’s a ‘good excuse’
Tesla first driverless supply new automobile to buyer
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

POPULAR

Men’s College Basketball Top-25 Rankings
Sports

Men’s College Basketball Top-25 Rankings

Today’s Hurdle hints and answers for February 16, 2026
Tech

Today’s Hurdle hints and answers for February 16, 2026

Savannah Guthrie pleads for person who took her mother to come forward
U.S.

Savannah Guthrie pleads for person who took her mother to come forward

Trump’s Presidential Pardons Follow Ford’s Pardon of Richard Nixon Still Matters
Politics

Trump’s Presidential Pardons Follow Ford’s Pardon of Richard Nixon Still Matters

Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco Dine at L.A. Hotspot Max and Helen’s
Entertainment

Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco Dine at L.A. Hotspot Max and Helen’s

Canadian Olympians Leverage Social Media for Income at Milan Cortina
business

Canadian Olympians Leverage Social Media for Income at Milan Cortina

Scoopico

Stay ahead with Scoopico — your source for breaking news, bold opinions, trending culture, and sharp reporting across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. No fluff. Just the scoop.

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • True Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Life
  • Money
  • Tech
  • Travel
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

2025 Copyright © Scoopico. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?